Overview of Pet Pilgrimage
Our pets are our family. Like any family member, when a pet passes those who remain behind are filled with a profound sense of loss. As fellow pet owners, we understand how difficult that loss can be. Pet Pilgrimage Crematory & Memorials, a division of Cavin-Cook Funeral Home & Crematory, is dedicated to serving pet families in need of end-of-life arrangements.
We are the only FULL SERVICE pet funeral home in North Carolina.
- Pet Pilgrimage Pet Crematory & Memorials is a division of Cavin-Cook Funeral Home & Crematory. Both are locally owned and operated by H. Mike Cook.
- H. Mike Cook is a licensed funeral director and has been serving families of the Lake Norman area for over 40 years.
- Pet Pilgrimage is North Carolina’s only FULL SERVICE pet funeral home offering all of the same services for pets as a traditional funeral home offers for people
- We provide Private Cremation for families and Communal Cremation for Veterinarians
- Since the time of passing is unpredictable, the Pet Pilgrimage staff is on call 24 hours a day
- We welcome you to tour our entire facility including the pet crematory
- You have the option of personally bringing your pet to Pet Pilgrimage or making arrangements by phone without visiting our facility
- We offer transportation of your pet from your home or veterinary clinic
- We own and operate our own pet crematory located on-site meaning your pet never leaves our personal care or our premises
- Our cremation technicians are certified to the Cremation Association of North America’s highest standards
- We utilize a safeguard tracking system to ensure the cremated remains you receive are those of your pet
- Each family receives a special ceramic paw print and hand-carved wooden urn
- Personal memorial services and our annual Pet Life Celebration allow families unique ways to honor pets
- Caskets, Urns, Monuments, Memorial Jewelry and Keepsakes are available in our showroom and through our catalogues
- Online Pet Memorials allow families a way to honor pets and publicly share the tribute with friends
- Monthly Grief Support Group meetings and Grief Support Resources are part of our ongoing support for pet families